This service policy is based upon the implementation of a SERVICE ANIMALS ONLY policy and that no other pets/animals are allowed on the grounds.
A service animal is defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. This may also include miniature horses. No other animals qualify, and will not be permitted . (Comfort or emotional support animals are NOT considered service animals under Washington State law because they are not specifically trained.) [See RCW 49.60.40]
Due to large scale service animal fraud, and with respect to legitimate service animals, the policy of the King County Fairgrounds will strictly adhere to the following, in conjunction with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the State of Washington’s Attorney General’s guidance;
- Any animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship, is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed onto the grounds.
- All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective methods.
- If the animal, at any time during their presence on the grounds is not house-trained or acts up to include barking, biting, walking around or jumping on other patrons, security will direct removal of the animal.
SMOKING & VAPING
In compliance with WA Initiative 901 RCW 70.160, smoking or vaping is not allowed in public buildings or within 25 feet of building entrances, exits, windows that open and ventilation intakes. Expo will dedicate smoking areas if appropriate. Marijuana in any form is not permitted on the Expo Center property.
ITEMS ALSO NOT ALLOWED
- Weapons of any kind, including knives and all firearms, including individuals with a concealed weapons permit.
- Outside issued alcoholic beverages, marijuana or illegal drugs.
- Bicycles, skates, roller blades, mopeds or skateboards.
- Animals (except service, 4-H, or show dogs)
- Any item deemed dangerous by Expo staff and management.